1.The double chamber incinerator shall preferably be designed. Air supply in the primary and secondary chamber shall be regulated between 30%-80% and 170%-120% of stoichiometric amount respectively. Flow meter/suitable flow measurement device shall be provided on the primary and secondary air ducting. The combustion air shall be supplied through a separate forced draft fan accounting for the air supplied through burners. Provision shall be made in the primary chamber to measure the water column pressure.
2. Capacity : up to 4000kg burn not less than 500 kg /hr
3. medical incinerator manufacturer The refractory lining of the chamber shall be strong enough to sustain minimum temperature of 1000dc in the primary chamber and 1200 dc in the secondary chamber. The refractory& insulation bricks shall have minimum 115mm thickness each & conform to IS:8-1983 & IS:2042-1972 respectively.
4. The incinerator shell shall be made of SS/MS plate of adequate thickness (minimum 5mm) and painted externally with heat resistant aluminium paint suitable to withstand temp.of 250 dc with proper surface preparation. Refractory lining of the hot duct shall be done with refractory castable (minimum 45mm thick)& insulation castable(minimum 80mm thick). Ceramic wool shall be used at hot duct flanges & expansion joints.
5.There shall be a separate burner each for the primary & secondary chamber. The heat input capacity of each burner shall be sufficient to raise the temp.in the primary & secondary chambers as 800+/- 50dc and 1050+/-50dc respectively within maximum of 60 minutes prior to waste charging. The burners shall have automatic switching off/on control to avoid the fluctuations of temperatures beyond the required temp.range.
6.Incinerator shall have graphic or computer recording device which shall automatically and continuously monitor and record dates, time of day, batch sequential number,Co,Co2,O2 in gaseous emission shall also be measured daily.
7. Structural design of the chimney/stack shall be as per IS:6533-1989.The chimney/stack shall be lined from inside with minimum of 3mm thick natural hard rubber suitable for the duty conditions and shall also conform to IS:4682 part I-1968 to avoid corrosion to oxygen and acids in the flue gas.
8.The incinerator must have an emergency vent. The emergency vent shall remain closed ie. it shall not emit flue gaseous during normal operation of the incinerator.
9.Metal fuel tank from black steel (capacity not less than 2500 litres) and shall be installed at the incinerator Room. The tank shall be provided with all necessary fittings including fill, vent, drain and overflow line, level indication and access for inspection and maintenance. Level switches shall be provided for the following services.
(a) Low level alarm
(b) High level alarm
(c) Low level start of transfer pump
(d) High level stop of transfer pump
10.A ready built fabricated room shall be supplied for housing the incinerator. The room will be designed in such a way that free space is available on all sides and heat radiation kept at minimum and giving the operators an easy workable environment and ventilation. The materials will be sufficient structural thickness of mild steel angles neatly coated with metal primer and epoxy paint to withstand sea corrosion
– effectiveness for the treatment of placenta? and expired or spoiled drugs, cytotoxic and cytostatic drugs prescribed: narcotics eg
– Does it allow to treat drug or waste containing glass (whatever color: transparent or colored white) without causing explosions?
– The ability of the liquid waste treatment (blood, urine stained, other body fluids contaminated, regardless what volume packaging?
– The efficiency of process chemicals (after neutralization and detoxification: solids and liquids)
– Is there microbiological testing especially: the processing efficiency bascillus